Important note: The WAP program is open and weatherization services are provided; however, intake of new applications is not being conducted at this time. Interested individuals will be placed in a wait list and will be informed when to go and apply at their corresponding community centers once intake is re-opened.
For more information, please contact Marisela Sera / Yvonne Saenz at (915) 565-7061. Thanks!!
Project BRAVO offers a variety of services to those in need. In the event that there is a service required that is not listed, please take a look at our links page to find an affiliate that can help.
We are dedicated to helping those in need, but also believe in helping those in need help themselves. Project Bravo is on a case management basis that aims to bring those under the poverty line, over it.
1.The weatherization Program is one of the services provided by Project BRAVO for low-income families, elderly and disabled individuals.
2.Applications for the Weatherization Program are accepted at all Project BRAVO Centers.
3.Upon meeting the qualifications for the program the client is put on a list. Priority is given to the elderly and disabled individuals.
4.Selections for weatherizing a home are done by sections of the County in El Paso stretching from Anthony to Tornillo, TX.
The insulating factor is important to conserve energy and ensure the efficiency of the home. The higher the r-value; the more savings to the home.
- The object of this program is to make the home energy efficient to the highest degree and not to surpass the limit amount that can be spent on the home. All areas of air infiltration and energy conservation will be addressed.
- The main areas to be addressed are around the doors, windows, attic hatch, switch and outlet plates and base boards. In order to correct problems a silicone caulking is used with a 20 year or more quality; latex caulking is not allowed.
- As assessment will be performed by a Weatherization Tech and information taken will be inputted into National Energy Audit Tool (NEAT) which will determine which is the highest savings to investment ratio (SIR).
- Weatherization technician will contact the client and will inform of the energy measures and the NEAT audit approved.
AS OF MAY 15,2013 TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING &
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS (TDHCA) INFORMED ALL SUBRECIPIENTS OF TEXAS THAT NO WINDOW OR
DOOR REPLACEMENT WOULD BE ALLOWED UNDER THE WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM ( CFDA
1. The CEAP HCC Program is one of the services provided by Project BRAVO for low-income families, handicapped, and senior citizens.
2. Applications for the CEAP HCC Program are taken at all the six Project BRAVO Centers.
3.Upon meeting the qualifications for the program the client is put on a list. Priority is given to the elderly and handicapped individuals, and then others that meet the requirements will follow.
4.Selection for servicing a home under this component is done by priority points in the County of El Paso stretching from Anthony to Tornillo, TX.
5. An assessment will be performed to determine service or repair measure for the Heating or Cooling Unit.